Password Security Considerations
For security reasons, passwords are used online to access everything from social media to online banking to your smart phone. Listed below are some suggested strategies to limit the vulerability of your personal information:
- Choose passwords that are case sensitive and that use both letters and numbers
- Avoid using personal information, words or phrases that can be linked back to you
- Avoid using sequential numbers and repeating characters
- Keep your passwords safe and never send them to anyone via email
- Try to avoid writing your password down but if you must, avoid keeping it near your computer.