NetConnect Online Banking Agreement & Disclosure
This NetConnect Online Banking Agreement and Disclosure governs the use of NetConnect Online Banking services. The online services offered hereunder permit you to perform a number of banking functions on your St. Johns Bank personal or business deposit accounts (such as checking or savings) and payment accounts (such as loans with us) that you decide to make accessible online under this Agreement (the “Accessible Accounts”), all through the convenience and easy access of your personal computer. You must be eighteen ( 18) or older to enroll in NetConnect Online Banking services.
You or Your - The person(s) subscribing to use or using NetConnect Online Banking.
We, Us, or Our – Refers to St. Johns Bank and any agent, independent contractor, designee, or assignee we may involve in the provision of NetConnect Online Banking.
Business Day - Any calendar day other than Saturday, Sunday, or any banking holidays recognized by the Federal Reserve Bank.
Business Day Cut-Off - St. Johns Bank’s primary banking offices are located in St. Louis, Missouri and are in the Central Daylight Time zone. For posting purposes, the Bank will process all transactions up to 6:00 pm on that business day. Transactions, including transfers, completed after 6:00 pm will be processed the following business day.
Privacy Statement and Security
St. Johns Bank understands how important privacy is to our customers. We have measures in place to insure your security and privacy for your personal and financial dealings with the Bank. Our Privacy Statement can be obtained by going to www.stjohnsbank.com and selecting Privacy Statement. For more information concerning the security measures that we have in place for NetConnect Online Banking, see the Section hereof titled “NetConnect Online Banking Security Information.”
Accepting the Agreement
When you use any of the NetConnect Online Banking services described in this Agreement, or authorize others to use them, you agree to the terms and conditions of the entire Agreement. This Agreement is also subject to applicable federal laws and the laws of the State of Missouri (except to the extent this Agreement can and does vary such rules or laws). If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable according to its terms, all remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect to the extent allowed under applicable law. Any waiver (expressed or implied) by either party of any default or breach of this Agreement must be in writing and shall not constitute a waiver of any other or subsequent default or breach. You may not assign this Agreement. This Agreement is binding upon your heirs and St. Johns Bank successors and assigns. Certain of the obligations of the parties pursuant to this Agreement that by their nature would continue beyond the termination, cancellation or expiration of this Agreement shall survive termination, cancellation or expiration of this Agreement.
Relation to Other Agreement
Your use of NetConnect Online Banking services may also be affected by any account agreements governing loan documents and other documentation governing or applicable to any of your Accessible Accounts. You should review such agreements and documents for any applicable fees, limitations on the number of transactions on such account, or other restrictions that might impact your use of such account on NetConnect Online Banking services.
NetConnect Online Banking Services
You may use NetConnect Online Banking to:
- Transfer funds between your Accessible Accounts, including making a payment on a loan that is an Accessible Account, at such times and in such intervals as you desire, subject to limitations on each account, legal limits and other limits set forth herein .
- View current and available balance information.
- Review transaction history.
- View images of paid checks and deposit tickets.
- View statements.
- Receive electronic statements.
- Download transactions.
- Perform self-service account maintenance, such as stop payment requests, changing your NetConnect Login ID and Password, and creating pseudo names.
- Send us secure online messages and questions regarding your NetConnect Online Banking service.
- Import certain account information into QuickBooks, Microsoft Money® and Personal Finance.
Bill Pay Services
In addition to the NetConnect Online Banking features listed above, St. Johns Bank and Trust customers with a checking account or money market deposit account may designate such Accessible Account(s) to make one-time or recurring online bill payments to the companies or individuals you select.
NetConnect Online Banking Security Information
St. Johns Bank NetConnect Online Banking service is an application provided by Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. utilizes a comprehensive security strategy to protect your accounts and transactions conducted over the Internet. In addition to our log-on security, we use the SSL (secure socket layer) encryption technology for everything you do in the NetConnect Online Banking service. Your browser automatically activates this technology when your browser attempts to connect to our system . Whenever SSL is securing your communications, the browser will typically indicate the "secure session" by changing the appearance of a small icon of a padlock at the bottom of the screen from open to locked. What this means to you is that your communications are scrambled from your browser to our servers at all times so no unauthorized party can read the information as it is carried over the Internet. In addition, we have purchased a "Certificate of Authority" that will assure you that you are actually talking to our servers instead of someone pretending to be us. (If you are using an older browser, such as anything prior to versions 4.0 on Netscape or Internet Explorer, the "Certificate of Authorities" key may be expired and you may need to update it on your browser.)
During your use of the NetConnect Online Banking service, we will pass a "cookie" to your browser for identifying you during the session. We do not (and can not) use our cookies to obtain new information about you. A "cookie" is security data that is given to a browser by a web server that is returned by the browser on subsequent transmissions to identify the user and encryption information. When you log onto the system, this cookie enables us to process multiple transactions during the session without you having to provide your St. Johns Bank NetConnect Login ID and Password for each individual transaction. When you log off, or after ten minutes, the cookie is no longer accepted and must be renewed by requiring the St. Johns Bank password to be re-entered. A new cookie is used for each session. That way, no one can use the cookie to access your account.
In addition to the security measures described above, there may be other security notices posted on the website regarding security issues. It is your responsibility to read all applicable notices. One of the main security features guarding the use of the NetConnect Online Banking service is the unique combination of your St. Johns Bank NetConnect Login ID and Password . It is important that you keep your password secret. We will not be liable for any losses resulting from your permitting other persons to use your St. Johns Bank and NetConnect Login ID and Password to access the system.
The Bank may also require certain users to utilize a Secure Token to access NetConnect. A Secure Token is a small, portable device that generates a one-time digital code to use each time you login to NetConnect. This helps ensure that your information is secure and protects you from fraud and identity theft.
St. Johns Bank cannot and does not guarantee that downloads from our site will not contain a virus or other destructive devices.
You understand and agree that use of or connection to the Internet is inherently insecure and that connection to the Internet provides opportunity for unauthorized access by a third party to your computer systems, networks, and any and all information stored therein. You understand that the technical processing and transmission via NetConnect Online Banking, including the content concerning your account may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. All information transmitted and received through the Internet is subject to unauthorized interception, diversion, corruption, loss, access, and disclosure. We shall not be responsible for any adverse consequences whatsoever of your connection to or use of the Internet, and shall not be responsible for any use by you of an Internet connection in violation of any law, rule, or regulation or any violation of the intellectual property rights of another.
If you have more questions about our security systems for conducting transactions safely over the Internet, call us at (314) 428-1059, extension 3025 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and a banking representative will discuss available options with you.
In order to enroll in the St. Johns Bank NetConnect Online Banking service, individual (or non-business) customers and sole proprietors should complete and submit a secure NetConnect Online Banking Personal Application online and business customers should manually complete and sign the NetConnect Online Banking Business Application and return it to the Bank. The Customer Service department will verify the information you submit for accuracy and authorizations. You will be notified by postal mail of your assigned St. Johns Bank NetConnect Login ID and your temporary password will be emailed to the address you have specified.
You will be able to access any account on which you are a primary, joint or sole owner, or trustee. If you desire services that allow you to initiate payments or transfers from the account, you will need the required withdrawal authority over the account to be able to complete the transaction. By using the service, you agree to maintain one or more accounts with us and to keep sufficient balances in any account to cover any transaction and fees that are ultimately approved by or related to the system. If the accounts are jointly held or have multiple signers, you agree that access to the information and all transactions initiated by the use of your NetConnect Login ID and Password are authorized unless we have been notified to cancel the service.
Security is very important to the NetConnect Online Banking service. At the time you request the service, you will be assigned a unique NetConnect Login ID and Password that will be used to gain access to the system. Prior to activation, our customer service department will verify your identity and account authorization. In addition we may require the use of a Secure Token device for all of your users.
To help prevent unauthorized access and ensure the security of your accounts, we will end your NetConnect Online Banking session if we have detected no activity for ten ( 10) minutes. This is to protect you in case you leave your computer unattended after you have logged on. When you return to your computer, you will be prompted to continue or close the browser. If you wish to continue, you will be prompted to re-enter your NetConnect Login ID and Password and establish a new session.
For security purposes, you are required to change your NetConnect Password when you first log in to NetConnectOnline Banking . Your NetConnect Password must be from eight ( 8) to twenty-five ( 25) characters in length, and requires alpha, numeric and characters. The identity of your NetConnect Password is not communicated to us. You agree that we are authorized to act on instructions received under your NetConnect Password , notwithstanding any dual or multiple signature requirements identified on the signature card or other documents related to your accounts. You accept responsibility for the confidentiality and security of your password and agree to change your password regularly. If there are three unsuccessful login attempts, your access to NetConnect Online Banking will be revoked. You may contact the bank to have your NetConnect Password reset or to obtain a new temporary password. You may reset your own NetConnect Password if you have already established a question and answer under the Options section. If you permit any other person to use your NetConnect Password , you will have authorized that person to access your Accessible Accounts, and you are responsible for any transactions that person initiates or authorizes.
Because your St. Johns Bank NetConnect Password is used to access your Accessible Accounts , you should treat it as you would any other sensitive personal data. You should carefully select a NetConnect Password that is difficult to guess. Memorize your NetConnect Password , keep it safe and never tell it to anyone. You agree that the use of your NetConnect Password is the agreed security procedure to access NetConnect Online Banking and that such security is commercially reasonable.
NetConnect Online Banking is available three hundred sixty-five ( 365) days a year, twenty-four ( 24) hours a day, subject to an emergency or scheduled system maintenance when some or all of the services may not be available. To the extent we have knowledge of such lack of availability and are able to access the website, we agree to post notice of any extended periods of non-availability on the NetConnect Online Banking website. We will not be liable to you if you are not able to access NetConnect Online Banking for any reason whatsoever.
Description of NetConnect Online Banking Services
Accounts Linked to NetConnect Online Banking Services
When you first enroll for this service, we will link all of your eligible accounts. If you want to limit the accounts linked to NetConnect Online Banking, call us at (314) 428-1059, extension 3025 or contact us by using the Contact Option available on the NetConnect Online Banking webpage, and a banking representative will discuss available options with you. All of your linked accounts, and any subsequent accounts you open at a later date are assigned full access.
Processing of Transfer Requests
- You may transfer funds between your Accessible Accounts. Transfers can be scheduled as either one-time or recurring. One-time transfers can be scheduled as immediate or future-dated. The completion of a transfer is subject to the availability of sufficient funds at the time of final processing. If you do not have available funds, you may incur an Insufficient Fund (NSF) fee. Refer to the applicable account agreement and fee schedule for details.
If funds are not available when a recurring or future dated transfer is scheduled to process, we will attempt to process this transfer for three consecutive business days. If funds are not available at that time, the transfer will not take place, subject to the terms of the account agreement and our discretion.
Cut-off Times for Transfers
- Transfers you submit for a deposit account (checking, savings or money market deposit) or Line of Credit are reflected immediately in your available balance for that account. Transfers entered before the cut-off time of 6:00 p.m. Central Standard Time (CST) on a bank business day is processed on the same bank business day. Transfers entered after the cut-off time or on a non-bank business day are processed on the next bank business day. In order for transferred funds to be available to pay items that are processed against your account overnight, they must be entered before the cut-off time of 6:00 p.m. CST.
Transfers from Money Market Deposit and Savings Accounts
- Federal regulations limit the number of preauthorized electronic fund transfers and telephone transfers – including NetConnect Online Banking transactions – from money market deposit and savings accounts. You are limited to six (6) preauthorized electronic fund transfers, telephone transfers, checks and point of sale transactions from your account each four (4) week or similar period. Each bill payment through NetConnect Online Banking from your money market account is counted as one (1) of the six (6) limited transfers. Each transfer through NetConnect Online Banking from your Money Market or Savings Account to one of your other St. Johns Bank Accessible Accounts is counted as one (1) of the six (6) limited transfers. We charge a fee for each transaction in excess of this limit. We recommend that you not use a money market account as your bill payment account because of these restrictions. Please refer to your account disclosures.
NetConnect Bill Pay Processing
St. Johns Bank customers with a checking deposit account may use the bill pay service to:
- Schedule payments from linked checking and money market accounts.
- Payments can be scheduled as one-time transactions, up to a year in advance, or as recurring payments. If payments are scheduled ninety ( 90) days or more in advance, please be aware that St. Johns Bank may cancel your bill pay service if you have not paid a bill for ninety ( 90) days.
- Payments entered before 12:00 noon CST on a bank business day will be scheduled and begin processing on the same bank business day. Payments entered after the cut-off time or on a non-bank business day are processed on the next bank business day.
- Recurring payments that fall on a weekend or a non-bank business day will be processed on the prior bank business day.
- You authorize us to make payments by either electronic transmission or by paper draft. The paper draft will be drawn on the account you designate.
- Any obligations that you wish to pay through NetConnect Online Banking bill pay must be payable in U.S. dollars to a payee located in the United States. You may not make payments of alimony, maintenance, child support, taxes, or other governmental fees or court directed payments through this service. We reserve the right to refuse to pay any payee designated by you. If we do so, we will notify you promptly.
- We will not be liable to you if a payee cannot or will not accept a payment through this service. You agree to notify us promptly if you receive notice from a payee that a payment you made using the bill pay service has not been completed or remains unpaid.
- We will not be liable to you for any damages to the extent that your failure or delay in notifying us that a bill payment was not made prevents us from avoiding or alleviating such damages.
Scheduling Bill Payments
The scheduled payment date is the date you enter for the payment to be sent to the payee. For payments made by electronic transmission, the payment amount will be debited from, or charged to the account that you designate on the scheduled date. If the scheduled date is a weekend or non-bank business day, the payment will be processed the prior bank business day. For payment made by paper draft, the account you designate will be debited when the draft is presented for payment. This may be on or after the scheduled payment date.
When you schedule a payment, please allow adequate time for delivery and receipt of your payment. If you do not, or if for any reason your account is not in good standing, you will be responsible for all late fees, finance charges, penalties or default assessed by the payee. If you have scheduled a payment that will be sent electronically and you do not have the funds available on the payment date, the payment will continue to attempt to post until you have sufficient funds, or you delete the payment. You will not be assessed an Insufficient Funds fee. If a paper draft is initiated or future dated and there are no funds available on the payment date, a check will be generated anyway. If the balance is insufficient to pay the draft on the day it is presented for payment, an Insufficient Funds fee will be assessed and the item may be returned unpaid.
Canceling Transfers and Payments
- You may cancel a payment by signing into the NetConnect Online Banking system, and following the instructions provided on the bill pay screens.
Future dated payments can be canceled prior to 12:00 noon CST of the scheduled payment date.
Future dated bill payments can be cancelled by signing into the NetConnectOnline Banking system, selecting the payment, and deleting.
- A one-time immediate transfer cannot be cancelled after it has been entered in NetConnect Online Banking and the information has been transmitted to us.
- Future dated transfers can be cancelled by signing into the NetConnectOnline Banking system and selecting transfers, view transfers, select the transfer to cancel, and selecting delete.
- You can get a receipt at the time you initiate a bill payment or make any transfer to or from any of your Accessible Accounts by printing the confirmation message displayed on your computer screen.
Stop Payment Requests - Checks Paid Electronically
You may be able to cancel paper checks initiated through NetConnect Online Banking bill pay before they have cleared your account by calling us at (314) 428-1059, extension 3025. You cannot stop the payment of a bill payment paid electronically. You will incur stop payment charges for NetConnect Online Banking bill pay checks as disclosed in the NetConnect Online Banking fee schedule.
Stop Payment Requests - Checks Written By You
You may initiate stop payment requests via NetConnect Online Banking for paper checks written on your St. Johns Bank account. In order to do so you will need the exact amount, check number, and payee. You may do so by logging into the NetConnect Online Banking system, selecting the activity for the appropriate account and choosing the stop payment option. You will incur stop payment charges as disclosed in the fee schedule. To place a stop payment on an electronic item (ACH, EFT, etc.), you will need to contact us at (314) 428-1059, extension 3025.
Liability for Failure to Stop Payment of Preauthorized Transfers
If you order us to stop one of these payments three (3) business days or more before the transfer is scheduled, and we do not do so, we will be liable for your losses or damages.
NetConnet Online Banking Fee Schedule
As of April 15th, 2019